The Washington County Revenue Commission, located in Chatom, Alabama, determines the value of all taxable property in Washington County, AL. Taxable property includes land and commercial properties, often referred to as real property or real estate, and fixed assets owned by businesses, often referred to as personal property. Property assessments performed by the Assessor are used to determine the Washington County property taxes owed by individual taxpayers.
Property owners may contact the Assessment Office for questions about:
- Washington County, AL property tax assessments
- Property tax appeals and reassessments
- Paying property tax bills and due dates
- Property tax rates and tax roll
- Washington County GIS maps, property maps, and plat maps
- Property records and deeds in Washington County